Faculty & Staff
Professional Committees / Conference Attendance – 2017
Current Professional Committees of Cowles Library Faculty (doesn’t include Drake University Committees, go here for the most recent listing of those): Sam Becker: ILA/ACRL Committee on Diversity and Inclusion Hope Bibens: Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, Society of American Archivists Congressional Papers Section Chair, Electronic Records Committee, Society of American Archivists Congressional Papers Section Constituent Service System Task Force, Society of […]Library Faculty on University Committees
Library Faculty participation on Faculty Senate Committees for 2017-2018 Every member of the Cowles Library Faculty is on one (or more) standing Drake Faculty Senate Committee(s), or other standing University-wide committee. Faculty committee participation is as follows (in random order): Hope Bibens – Intercollegiate Athletics Bruce Gilbert – University Benefits Committee Teri Koch – University […]Koch & Welch publish on shared print programs
Teresa Koch, Professor of Librarianship & Collection Development Coordinator, and Andrew Welch, Associate Professor of Librarianship & Librarian for Discovery Services & Technology, recently published “ Monograph Validation Strategies in Shared Print Programs: Variations and Value ,” Collaborative Librarianship: Vol. 8: Iss. 3, Article 7.
View all blog posts
Library Faculty Documents
This page provides access to Cowles Library’s Faculty governance documents (most of the Faculty positions within Cowles Library are tenured, tenure-track, or other Faculty appointments).
The documents listed here serve to guide members of the library faculty in the execution of their duties and provide information about professional advancement procedures at Cowles. These documents are subject to periodic review and revision by the faculty.
- Library Faculty Governance
- Commencement Participation Policy
- Library Web Site: Mission, Purpose & Policies
- Collection Development Policy
Curriculum & Instruction
- Curricular Policies & Procedures: Overview & Guiding Principles for Classroom Activities
- Policy Regarding Academic Integrity
- Class Observation Procedures
- Grading and Academic Integrity Appeals
- Student Evaluations Procedure
Tenure & Promotion
- Promotion & Tenure for Librarians – current version (revised Nov. 2016)
- Promotion & Tenure for Librarians – previous version
- Annual Review and Tenure Year Review Calendar
The above works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Drake Faculty Governance Documents
(these links open in a new window)